The following Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) apply to the Ujuzi Mtaani Campaign Initiative (“The Campaign”) conducted by Unga Wa Dola (“We”, “Us”, “The Company”). By accessing the Ujuzi Mtaani Website (“The Website”) or participating in The Initiative, you shall be deemed to have read, understood and accepted them. Should you disagree with any part of the Terms, do not use The Website or participate in The Campaign. Please read these Terms carefully before using The Website in any way or participating in The Campaign. They apply to all visitors, users and participants of The Campaign and your access to and use of The Website is also conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms.
1. To be deemed an eligible participant of The Initiative/Campaign, you are required to like the official Ujuzi Mtaani social pages: Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/UjuziMtaani/), follow us on Instagram (@Ujuzi_Mtaani) and follow us on Twitter (@UjuziMtaani).
2. You must also be a Kenyan aged between 18 and 35 years to participate in The Initiative. We have the discretion to ask for proof of your age and citizenship at any time during The Campaign.
3. Employees of The Company, their immediate families and any third parties working with The Company in relation to The Campaign are not eligible to participate due to conflict of interest.
4. Institutions are not eligible to participate.
1. Participation in The Campaign is subject to the Terms as set out herein and/or as decided by The Company at its discretion.
2. Participation involves submission of an original, artistic creation that clearly depicts the entrant’s skills along with a detailed description of the concept and their personal identity details, onto The Website.
3. All works of art should be submitted in high-resolution image, audio or video formats, or as regularly formatted textual content depending on the nature of the art. We advise you to use a high quality camera to take photos or record videos of your artistic creation for the submission.
4. No works of art submitted in audio or video format should exceed five minutes in length.
5. An entrant can submit up to three artworks. If they wish to resubmit an artwork or remove it from the exhibition, they shall be required to make a formal request to The Company via email@example.com.
6. All entries shall be submitted under one of four major art categories. The categories therein identified are as follows: APPLIED ARTS, PERFORMANCE ARTS, VISUAL ARTS, DRAWING, PHOTOGRAPHY, PAINTING, SCULPTING THEATRE POTTERY, WOODWORK, BEADWORK, METALWORK, FILM, DANCE, SONG, DESIGN, GRAPHIC DESIGN, FASHION AND TEXTILE DESIGN, FOOD DESIGN, MOTION DESIGN, ARCHITECTURE AND INTERIOR DESIGN LANDSCAPE AND GARDEN DESIGN
7. We reserve the right: (a) to disqualify any Participant /winner if we have reasonable grounds to believe the Participant /winner has breached any of these Terms.
1. All content used in the development of The Website is the property of The Company. No one is allowed to copy or use any of this content outside The Website without The Company’s exclusive permission, issued by us via e-mail. Attempts to infringe on our intellectual property rights in any way is subject to persecution to the full extent of the law.
2. Any content uploaded on The Website by The Campaign entrants as a submission to The Campaign shall be considered the property of the artist who does the submission unless proven to be an infringement of the intellectual property rights of someone else.
3. Should you feel that our website content has in any way infringed upon your intellectual property rights, kindly notify us immediately and describe in detail the legal and factual basis for your claim to content ownership, as well as other details regarding the alleged infringement.
1. We are not responsible for any obscene or offensive content submitted onto The Website by entrants and thereafter viewed on the “Exhibition” page of The Website. However, we hold full rights to monitor the nature of all content submitted by entrants and to remove any content that we deem obscene or offensive.
2. Entrants who submit content that is obscene or offensive are liable to barring from participation in The Campaign and/or legal action by The Company and/or other third parties who have reasonable doubt within the legal limitations.
1. Without prejudice to these terms and conditions, all participants in The Campaign expressly and irrevocably permit and authorize The Company to disclose, reveal and divulge information regarding their particulars to the parties involved in organizing, promoting and conducting The Campaign for purposes of The Campaign.
2. By participating in The Campaign, you qualify to participate in any advertising or publicity activities of The Company that relate to The Campaign upon your full and legal consent, and agree that we may publicize your name and/or photograph in a manner deemed fit.
3. By submitting your original work of art on The Website or on the official Ujuzi Mtaani social Pages, you are giving us permission to use the content as we deem fit within The Campaign context. However, your content shall not be distributed to other parties without your full and legal consent.
1. We shall not be liable for any damage or loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) arising from personal injury or death, or loss of, or damage to property, which might be suffered or sustained in connection with The Campaign participation.
2. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from participation in The Campaign, including an act or omission that could otherwise determine an unfavorable outcome for the entrant’s submission.
These terms are subject to change at any time that The Initiative chooses and they shall be effected immediately, accompanied by a notification on the same on the Ujuzi Mtaani social pages. What determines the modification shall be determined at our sole discretion.
We reserve the right at our absolute discretion to terminate The Campaign or vary, delete or add to any of these Terms from time to time without notice including without limitation, the eligibility of any person, the bases and methods of identification of winners and the dates of The Campaign. You are advised to read them before participating in The Campaign and raise any issues or questions you may have through the Ujuzi Mtaani page.
These terms constitute your entire agreement with us with respect to use of The Website and/or participation in The Campaign. The Company’s decision on all matters relating to The Campaign shall be at its absolute discretion and shall be final and binding on all participants. In the event that there is a cause of disagreement in any matter regarding The Campaign, these Terms shall prevail.